What is included in your patterns?
All my patterns include:
- Which yarn I used for the sample
- How much of that yarn it will take to knit each size
- The range of sizes
- What size and type of needles you will need
- Any additional notions required
- The gauge needed to get the right fit
- The final measurements for each size when finished
- List of abbreviations used in the pattern
- Any notes or links to information that will help you knit the pattern
- Full written instructions and/or charts
- Blocking instructions
What sizes do your patterns cater for?
My sock patterns come in 10 sizes, 5 sizes for children to fit a foot circumference 12.5 cm/ 5″ to 18 cm/ 7.25″ and 5 sizes for adults to fit a foot circumference from 20.5 cm/ 8″ to 25.5 cm/ 10″.
My hat patterns come in 5 sizes to fit a head circumference from baby 35.5 cm/ 16″ to large adult 56 cm/ 24″
My mitten patterns currently come in 3 adult sizes to fit a hand circumference from 18 cm/ 7″ to 20.5 cm/ 8″.
My shawl and cowl patterns come in 1 size.
Can I substitute yarn?
Of course! So long as you are able to get the right gauge and your substitute yarn has similar properties to the yarn used, then your finished object should still resemble my sample. You can find out more about substituting yarn here.
Do you offer a low vision alternative?
Yes! Every pattern includes both a standard and low vision version as part of every download. The low-vision format includes full written instructions, Arial font in size 22 and black text with no italics used throughout.
Do you use charts?
Yes, when possible. The instructions for the standard format patterns may require you to use the written and charted instructions at times, particularly for my sock patterns, but the written instructions for the stitch pattern will be included with the chart. If you prefer full written instructions you can find these within the low-vision version of the pattern.